In the quest for the best food choices dieters make to ensure their body’s health and well-being, these nutrient-rich foods are considered to be in the top
Healthy lifestyle choices, including diet, can reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart illness, diabetes, stroke and even cancer. And superfoods can be a very valuable option regarding diet choice.
Superfoods are foods considered to be nutritionally dense and excellent sources of countless health benefits. Containing extra-large doses of vitamins and minerals they can help ward off diseases and lead a healthier life. Antioxidants, healthy fats, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids or phytochemicals are just a few of the essential nutrients included in this labeled category.
Packed with potent nutrients, superfoods are also required to be eaten in the right quantities, at the right times to have the desired health boost, as too much focus on certain food categories may also indulge unhealthy eating and no superfood consumption can compensate for that.
Slowing down the aging process by fighting the harmful effects of free radicals, alleviate depression, boost physical abilities, have a better morale are among smart eating advantages.
Great examples of superfoods to include in your diet plans
Here are just a few examples from the variety of foods that dietitians advice to eat for maintaining proper levels of nutrients, prevent disease and also boost the overall levels of body-vitality:
- Blueberries – rich in vitamins, fiber and phytochemicals (flavonoids), may reduce the risk of heart conditions
- Kiwifruit – high in vitamin C and rich in antioxidants, the kiwifruit also contains elevated amounts of serotonin hormone that could help treating sleep disorders
- Beans and whole grains – source of low-fat protein, fiber and rare vitamins and minerals such as manganese,they can lower lowers cholesterol and help dieters control their appetite
- Nuts and seeds – very high in minerals and healthy fats, but also high in calories they should be carefully included into daily diets to avoid risk for unbalanced diets
- Kale, chard, collards, mustards, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes – loaded with vitamins A, C and K, fiber and vital minerals, they are considered to be the superfoods “elite”
- Salmon, sardines, mackerel – rich in omerga-3 fatty acids, essential for a normal brain development and also thought to lower the risk of heart disease
- The acai berry, noni fruit and pomegranate – dense in nutrients, these fruits contain ellagic acid, known anti-cancer properties
By adding green tea, dark chocolate, yogurt, garlic, chia, almonds, ginger, lentils, cauliflower, olives and other plant-based foods to the list above, dieters can maximize the benefits of extra-advantages that superfoods bring when aiming to follow a healthy diet plan with “out of the ordinary” results.